Ahmedabad, the largest city of Gujarat, is dotted with picturesque lakes, grand monuments and insightful museums which make it one of the most preferred tourist destinations in the country. Sabarmati Ashram, Kankaria Lake and The Calico Museum of Textiles, among other popular places in the city attract lakhs of travellers, every year. Further, the ‘Manchester of India’ is frequented by businesspersons and traders as well as it is a traditional home of the cotton textile industry. The capital of Gujarat, Gandhinagar is also a short drive away from Ahmedabad making the latter a prominent city in the country.
How to Get to Ahmedabad by Flight, Train or Bus
Located in the western region of India, Ahmedabad is connected to top cities via airways, roadways and railways. Public transport like buses, cabs and auto-rickshaws are readily available throughout the city for easy access.
Read more to know how to reach Ahmedabad in detail:
How to Reach Ahmedabad by Air
Ahmedabad enjoys easy accessibility from major cities of the world via direct as well as connecting flights; Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport (AMD) is just 11 km from the city centre. There are numerous flights from Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai and Jaipur flying directly to Ahmedabad. After reaching the airport, tourists can opt for a prepaid cab from the airport to reach their hotel.
How to Reach Ahmedabad by Rail
The city of Ahmedabad is served by Ahmedabad Junction railway station (ADI). Also known as Kalupur Railway Station, it acts as the gateway to the city for tourists and businesspersons. All the major trains provide services to and from this junction.
Major train stations in Ahmedabad: Ahmedabad Junction (ADI), Sabarmati Junction (SBI), Sabarmati Junction (SBT), Ambli Road (ABD), Chandlodiya (CLDY), Asarva Junction (ASV), Naroda (NRD), Geratpur (GER), Vatva (VTA), Maninagar (MAN)
How to Reach Ahmedabad by Road
Road travellers can take NH 47, NH 48, NH 64 and NH 147 to enter the city. Major cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Jaipur, Surat and Shirdi are connected to the city via Ahmedabad Municipal Transport Service (AMTS) which has over 1000 bus stands across the city.
Interstate bus terminals and major bus stations of Ahemdabad: Ahmedabad Central Bus Station, New Geeta Mandir St Bus Stand, GSRTC Bus Station
Distance Between Ahmedabad and Major Indian Cities:
- Mumbai to Ahmedabad: 524 km (approximately 7 hours by road)
- Chennai to Ahmedabad: 1793 km (approximately 30 hours by road)
- New Delhi to Ahmedabad: 914 km (approximately 13 hours by road)
- Pune to Ahmedabad: 658 km (approximately 10 hours by road)
- Hyderabad to Ahmedabad: 1148 km (approximately 19 hours by road)
- Kolkata to Ahmedabad: 2012 km (approximately 34 hours by road)
- Bangalore to Ahmedabad: 1488 km (approximately 20 hours by road)
- Jaipur to Ahmedabad: 657 km (approximately 10 hours by road)
- Chandigarh to Ahmedabad: 1183 km (approximately 17 hours by road)
- Lucknow to Ahmedabad: 1171 km (approximately 17 hours by road)
- Visakhapatnam to Ahmedabad: 1602 km (approximately 33 hours by road)
- Kochi to Ahmedabad: 1807 km (approximately 31 hours by road)
- Goa to Ahmedabad: 1092 km (approximately 21 hours by road)
- Amritsar to Ahmedabad: 1222 km (approximately 22 hours by road)
- Vadodara to Ahmedabad: 109 km (approximately 2 hours by road)
- Surat to Ahmedabad: 267 km (approximately 5 hours by road)
- Patna to Ahmedabad: 1788 km (approximately 31 hours by road)
- Bhopal to Ahmedabad: 657 km (approximately 11 hours by road)
- Indore to Ahmedabad: 389 km (approximately 7 hours by road)
- Kanpur to Ahmedabad: 1069 km (approximately 20 hours by road)
- Nagpur to Ahmedabad: 896 km (approximately 15 hours by road)
- Nashik to Ahmedabad: 474 km (approximately 9 hours by road)
- Thane to Ahmedabad: 508 km (approximately 9 hours by road)
- Lonavala to Ahmedabad: 598 km (approximately 11 hours by road)
- Aurangabad to Ahmedabad: 612 km (approximately 13 hours by road)
- Mysore to Ahmedabad: 1520 km (approximately 26 hours by road)
- Kolhapur to Ahmedabad: 883 km (approximately 15 hours by road)
- Jamnagar to Ahmedabad: 302 km (approximately 6 hours by road)
- Gurgaon to Ahmedabad: 899 km (approximately 13 hours by road)
Top Attractions to Explore While Travelling to Ahmedabad:
Sabarmati Ashram, Bhadra Fort, Jama Masjid, Sarkhej Roza, Shah-e-Alam’s Roza, Rani no Hajiro, Vastrapur Lake, Kankaria Lake, Kankaria Zoo, ISKCON Temple, Hutheesing Jain Temple, Swaminarayan Temple, The Pols, Auto World Vintage Car Museum, Calico Museum of Textiles, Gujarat Science City, Gandhinagar, Akshardham Temple, Adalaj Step Well, Sidi Saiyyed Mosque
Recommended Hotels in Ahmedabad:
Use Coupon Code "STAYFAB", Get UPTO 60% Discount!