Mumbai, among the most populous metropolitan cities in India, is home to umpteen IT parks and industrial areas owing to which the city generates approximately 6 percent of India’s annual GDP. The ‘Financial and Entertainment Capital of India’ also encompasses popular film studios. Along with a stunning seacoast, the city also has more than two UNESCO World Heritage Sites and plenty of other sightseeing places like Gateway of India, Marine Drive, Juhu Chowpatty and Haji Ali Dargah which attract thousands of domestic and international travellers every year.
How to get to Mumbai by Flight, Train or Bus
The capital of Maharashtra, Mumbai is located on the western seashore of the country. Hotels in Mumbai are always buzzing with tourists and businesspersons owing to the numerous attractions as well as work and entertainment opportunities in the city. Travellers can conveniently reach the city from across the globe as it is well connected via air, rail and road.
Read below about how to reach Mumbai via different modes of transports:
How to reach Mumbai by Air
Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, approximately 30 km from Mumbai, is the gateway to India for plenty of foreign travellers. Both domestic and international flights land at this airport in Andheri East, Mumbai. Visitors can opt for a prepaid cab at the airport to reach their hotel in Mumbai. Otherwise, public buses, cabs and auto-rickshaws which are abundantly available around the airport can also be used to reach their destination.
How to reach Mumbai by Rail
As mentioned earlier, the city is well connected with the rest of the Indian cities via an integrated rail network. Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) railway station is the main railway station that serves as the entry point. Travellers can easily access the city from CST using public buses and cabs as well as the suburban railway system which is the prime mode for transportation within the city.
Major train stations in Mumbai : Mumbai Lokmanya Tilak Terminus (LTT), Panvel Junction (PNVL), Thane (TNA), Mumbai Cst (CSTM), Mumbai Dadar Central (DR), Kalyan Junction (KYN), Mumbai Bandra Terminus (BDTS), Mumbai Borivali (BVI), Mumbai Central (BCT), Mumbai Andheri (ADH), Mumbai Dadar Western (DDR), Karjat Junction (KJT), Neral Junction (NRL), Bhayandar (BYR)
How to reach Mumbai by Road
Although the city is facilitated with a fully functional airport as well as railway network, domestic travellers still prefer long drive as the highways to the city are flanked by green belts and surely worth the effort. Mumbai is connected via uninterrupted highways that lead to easy accessibility from the rest of the country. NH 3, NH 8, NH 9 and NH 66 are some of the major highways connecting the city. For those who don’t feel like driving, can also opt for bus journey; both government and private inter-state buses are available for reaching Mumbai. The Interstate Bus Terminal of Mumbai is located in Wadala.
Interstate bus terminals and major bus stations of Mumbai: Dadar, Vashi, Kharghar, Darshan, Sion, Chembur, Mulund, Ghatkopar , Bhandup, Andheri
Recommended quarantine hotels in Mumbai
Distance Between Mumbai and Major Indian Cities:
- Delhi to Mumbai: 1397 km (approximately 20 hours by road)
- Pune to Mumbai: 147 km (approximately 3 hours by road)
- Bangalore to Mumbai: 980 km (approximately 13 hours by road)
- Ahmedabad to Mumbai: 524 km (approximately 9 hours by road)
- Hyderabad to Mumbai: 703 km (approximately 12 hours by road)
- Kolkata to Mumbai: 1937 km (approximately 34 hours by road)
- Chennai to Mumbai: 1262 km (approximately 22 hours by road)
- Jaipur to Mumbai: 1141 km (approximately 17 hours by road)
- Chandigarh to Mumbai: 1670 km (approximately 27 hours by road)
- Lucknow to Mumbai: 1385 km (approximately 24 hours by road)
- Nagpur to Mumbai: 808 km (approximately 14 hours by road)
- Visakhapatnam to Mumbai: 1314 km (approximately 22 hours by road)
- Kochi to Mumbai: 1382 km (approximately 24 hours by road)
- Bhubaneswar to Mumbai: 1696 km (approximately 24 hours by road)
- Dehradun to Mumbai: 1676 km (approximately 30 hours by road)
- Goa to Mumbai: 581 km (approximately 11 hours by road)
- Amritsar to Mumbai: 1743 km (approximately 30 hours by road)
- Pondicherry to Mumbai: 1297 km (approximately 23 hours by road)
- Vadodara to Mumbai: 411 km (approximately 8 hours by road)
- Surat to Mumbai: 281 km (approximately 5 hours by road)
- Patna to Mumbai: 1914 km (approximately 36 hours by road)
- Bhopal to Mumbai: 779 km (approximately 15 hours by road)
- Indore to Mumbai: 583 km (approximately 11 hours by road)
- Gandhinagar to Mumbai: 545 km (approximately 10 hours by road)
- Nashik to Mumbai: 166 km (approximately 3 hours by road)
- Thane to Mumbai: 24 km (approximately 1 hours by road)
- Lonavala to Mumbai: 88 km (approximately 2 hours by road)
- Aurangabad to Mumbai: 367 km (approximately 8 hours by road)
Top Attractions to Explore While Travelling to Mumbai:
Gateway of India, Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Red Carpet Wax Museum, Haji Ali Dargah, Elephanta Caves, Siddhivinayak Temple, Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST), Nehru Center, Kidzania, Taraporewala Aquarium, Veermata Jijabai Bhosale Zoo, Smaaash Junior, Juhu Beach, Marine Drive, Chota Kashmir, Worli Sea Face, Hanging Gardens, Colaba Causeway, Mumbai Film City, Hakone Entertainment Centre, Snow World, Clue Hunt Mumbai.
Places to visit and Sightseeing in Mumbai
- 22 Best Places to Visit in Mumbai
- Top 20 Things to Do in Mumbai
- What to Visit in Mumbai in 2 Days? A Detailed Itinerary
- 11 Places to Visit in Mumbai with Family
- Best Places for Shopping in Mumbai
Recommended Hotels in Mumbai:
Use Coupon Code "STAYFAB", Get UPTO 60% Discount!