Hyderabad, the capital city of Telangana, is famed for its historically intriguing sights, pearls, and of course, biryani! However, due to COVID-19, all forms of travel to and from this city of Nizams, had come to a halt. So, what is the ray of hope now? Well, with lockdown measures slowly easing, people (except those in Hyderabad quarantine areas) have started travelling once more and taking baby steps towards normalcy. Airports, railway stations and public transport modes are being thoroughly sanitized, and social distancing and thermal screening are being implemented. You also need to follow Hyderabad quarantine rules and take certain safety precautions, whether you are an Indian stranded in a foreign country and coming back to this city, or someone who needs to travel to or from a different city/state.
So, read on to gather detailed information before you travel by air, rail or road.
Hyderabad Quarantine Rules for Air Travel (Domestic Flights)
Hyderabad quarantine rules for international passengers are quite similar to the rules in other major cities and states:
- Mandatory institutional quarantine of 7 days, followed by 7 days of self-monitored home quarantine.
- You need to pay for the institutional quarantine and sign an undertaking for the same before booking the flight.
- After airport health officials check your temperature (via thermal screening), you can choose the quarantine centre.
- Health authorities will decide on further testing and quarantine rules if you have symptoms.
- Before 8th August, the only cases where a passenger was exempt from mandatory institutional quarantine were severe illness, death of a family member, pregnancy, or when travelling with a child below 10 years. He or she had to undergo 14 days of home quarantine instead. The request for the same had to be submitted on http://www.newdelhiairport.in/ 72 hours (minimum) before boarding the flight.
- On 2nd August, a new ruling was issued, as per which, if travelers can show an RT-PCR test report (not older than 96 hours) upon arrival, they can be exempted from institutional quarantine. This rule came into effect on 8th You have to upload the test report online and declare its authenticity before boarding the flight too.
- All passengers have to install the Aarogya Setu app on their smartphones.
- Hyderabad quarantine hotels include both medium and star options and are mainly situated in Begumpet, Gachibowli, and Kacheguda. Apollo has partnered with hotels to create isolation wards (bookings can be made via helpline number 1860-500-0202) and Lemon Tree Hotel and OYO have dedicated rooms too. Doctors, nurses, ambulances and oxygen cylinders are available at all these places.
- You should also maintain personal hygiene, social distancing, carry gloves, masks and sanitizers, and provide accurate travel history.
According to Hyderabad quarantine rules for domestic flights, passengers have to undergo 14 days of home quarantine and install the Aarogya Setu app.
Hyderabad Quarantine Rules for Train Travel
Passengers have to follow these rules for travelling by train:
- You must have confirmed tickets, wear masks, follow social distancing (as per marks made on the floor), maintain personal hygiene, avoid littering and undergo thermal screening.
- You won’t be allowed to board the train if you show symptoms and your fare will be fully refunded.
- You must arrive at the station at least 90 minutes before your train’s departure time.
- You can either buy ready-to-eat meals from the IRCTC or bring your own food.
- Avoid travel unless absolutely essential if you have immune deficiency conditions, any heart disease, diabetes, hypertension or cancer. The same rule applies for people above 65 years, children below 10 years and pregnant women.
- If you are travelling to Telangana, no e-pass or travel pass is required.
Hyderabad Quarantine Rules for Road Travel
While you won’t need an e-pass to travel to or within Telangana, the following rules are in place:
- Only those bus stations that have sanitized buses will take TSRTC bookings. Buses start from Uppal, L B Nagar, JBS and Aramgarh.
- You can go online to book tickets for TSRTC buses going to Bhadrachalam, Khammam, Godavarikhani, Mancherial and Adilabad.
- In cabs, auto rickshaws and cars, only 2 passengers are allowed apart from the driver.
- All passengers must install Aarogya Setu app and undergo thermal screening. Passengers with symptoms will be taken to the nearest health facility for further checkup.
- You must wear a mask and maintain hand and respiratory hygiene.
So, keep the Hyderabad quarantine details discussed above in mind, whether you are travelling by air, road, or rail. And if you need to reach Hyderabad quarantine helpline, you can either call the toll-free central helpline number (1075+91-11-23978043), Telangana helpline number (104) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.