In a recent announcement, Delhi International Airport Ltd. (DIAL) shared a robust plan on passenger movement in anticipation of flights resuming post coronavirus lockdown. The comprehensive list of guidelines and SOPs (standard operating procedures) for passengers and staff has been designed to ensure minimum physical contact and interaction.
The guidelines include mapping out passenger movement throughout the airport and implementation of different measures at all touchpoints such as washrooms, counters, water fountains, elevators, trolleys, etc.
Here’re the key highlights of DIAL’s lockdown exit plan that you need to know:
- Every staff member will undergo strict screening before entering the airport premises and will be well equipped with protective gear such as clinical masks, face shields and gloves for their & travellers’ safety.
- Automatic hand sanitizer dispensers are provided at all terminal entry points
- Contactless ticket/ID check at terminal entry for maximum protection
- Temperature screening with automated thermal cameras
- It will be mandatory for passengers to wear masks, sanitize their hands, take print out of their boarding passes before reaching the airport and stand at the designated social distancing floor marks
- Luggage bags and trolleys will be taken through UV disinfectant tunnels
- Frequent sanitization of trays, monitors and boarding area counters
- Acrylic glass shields on the check-in counters
- Provision of ‘Hygiene Stations’ with automatic hand sanitizers
- Seating arrangements in general will be adjusted and restriction on the number of pax into the buggies will be implemented
Flight operations are suspended till May 17 as of now and there has been no confirmation on when it will resume. However, as per a report, initially it will be allowed in Terminal 3 only.
Recommended Hotels in New Delhi:
Use Coupon Code "STAYFAB", Get UPTO 60% Discount!