Goa might be the smallest state in India but it is undoubtedly one of the most favourite destinations in the country for both domestic and foreign travellers. Known for its beautiful beaches, colonial-era churches, vibrant nightlife and delectable seafood, Goa attracts lakhs of tourists every year. With the eclectic atmosphere in northern parts like Baga and Calangute to the nature’s beauty and tranquillity down south, the place has something to offer for one and all. The Portuguese heritage of Goa is also worth exploring with a visit to its old-style bungalows and hilltop forts offering scenic views.
How to Get to Goa by Flight, Train or Bus
The coastal state of Goa, located in West India, enjoys easy accessibility from all major metropolitans including Delhi and Bangalore, among others, via air and rail. The roads running through Goa are also among the most preferred ways to enter the state from neighbouring cities like Mumbai and Pune.
Read further to know about how to reach Goa in detail:
How to Reach Goa by Air
The sole airhead serving the entire state is Goa International Airport, located in Dabolim. It serves as the main gateway for both domestic and international flights. Most flights plying to Goa from Indian cities are direct and operated by airlines like IndiGo, GoAir and SpiceJet. Flights connecting the state to international destinations mostly arrive via Mumbai and are operated by Air India, Qatar Airways and other major airlines. The airport offers easy access to both North and South Goa by road.
How to Reach Goa by Rail
Travelling to Goa by rail is perhaps the fastest, cheapest and most comfortable option for those on budget. Main railway stations in Goa are Vasco da Gama (VSG), Madgaon (MAO) and Thivim (THVM), all of which connect the state with direct train services from all important cities across the country. While Madgaon is the apt gateway for South Goa visitors, Thivim serves the norther parts. From the railway stations, travellers can reach their destination via cabs, auto rickshaws and buses.
Major train stations in Goa: Madgaon Junction (MAO), Thivim (THVM), Karmali (KRMI), Pernem (PERN), Kulem (QLM), Kudchade (SVM), Vasco-Da-Gama (VSG), Cancona (CNO), Balli (BLLI)
How to reach Goa by Road
People coming from neighbouring cities like Mumbai, Bangalore and Mangalore prefer travelling to Goa by road owing to the well-maintained network of highways. Some of the major thoroughfares in Goa are NH 66 and NH 748, which connect the party capital to different parts of the country. Panjim, Canacona, Madgaon, Mapusa and Vasco da Gama are the main entry points for bus travellers.
Interstate bus terminals and major bus stations of Goa: Goa Interstate Bus Terminal
Distance Between Goa and Major Indian Cities:
- Mumbai to Goa: 540 km (approximately 11 hours by road)
- Pune to Goa: 437 km (approximately 8 hours by road)
- Chennai to Goa: 920 km (approximately 15 hours by road)
- New Delhi to Goa: 1830 km (approximately 31 hours by road)
- Ahmedabad to Goa: 1085 km (approximately 19 hours by road)
- Hyderabad to Goa: 666 km (approximately 13 hours by road)
- Kolkata to Goa: 2118 km (approximately 34 hours by road)
- Bangalore to Goa: 589 km (approximately 10 hours by road)
- Jaipur to Goa: 1639 km (approximately 28 hours by road)
- Chandigarh to Goa: 2086 km (approximately 36 hours by road)
- Lucknow to Goa: 1781 km (approximately 32 hours by road)
- Visakhapatnam to Goa: 1261 km (approximately 26 hours by road)
- Kochi to Goa: 780 km (approximately 16 hours by road)
- Gurgaon to Goa: 1839 km (approximately 34 hours by road)
- Amritsar to Goa: 2317 km (approximately 41 hours by road)
- Vadodara to Goa: 984 km (approximately 19 hours by road)
- Surat to Goa: 855 km (approximately 16 hours by road)
- Patna to Goa: 2072 km (approximately 44 hours by road)
- Bhopal to Goa: 1235 km (approximately 23 hours by road)
- Indore to Goa: 1044 km (approximately 21 hours by road)
- Kanpur to Goa: 1749 km (approximately 32 hours by road)
- Nagpur to Goa: 1015 km (approximately 19 hours by road)
- Nashik to Goa: 662 km (approximately 13 hours by road)
- Thane to Goa: 590 km (approximately 12 hours by road)
- Lonavala to Goa: 505 km (approximately 10 hours by road)
- Aurangabad to Goa: 665 km (approximately 14 hours by road)
- Mysore to Goa: 590 km (approximately 13 hours by road)
- Kolhapur to Goa: 214 km (approximately 5 hours by road)
- Mangalore to Goa: 374 km (approximately 8 hours by road)
- Coimbatore to Goa: 791 km (approximately 16 hours by road)
Top Attractions to Explore While Travelling to Goa:
Baga, Calangute, Candolim, Basilica of Bom Jesus, Sé Catedral de Santa Catarina, Church of Saint Francis of Assisi, Sinquerim, Vagator, Anjuna, Church of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception, Church of Saint Cajetan, Chapel of Saint Catherine, , Palolem, Arambol, Agonda, Mae De Deus Church, Santa Cruz Church, Church of Our Lady of the Mount, Morjim, Butterfly, Colva, Fort Aguada, Chapora Fort, Reis Magos Fort, Tiracol Fort, Cabo de Rama Fort, Corjuem Fort, Mangeshi Temple, Shanta Durga Temple, Maruti Temple, Saptakoteshwar Temple, Mahalasa Narayani Temple, Brahma Temple, Archaeological Museum, Museum of Christian Art, Wax World Museum, Ancestral Goa Museum, Indian Naval Aviation Museum, Houses of Goa, Dudhsagar Waterfalls, Hivre Waterfalls, Tambadi Surla Waterfalls, Arvalem Waterfalls, Kuskem Waterfalls, Charavne Waterfalls, Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary, Bhagwan Mahaveer Sanctuary, Mhadei Wildlife Sanctuary, Netravali Wildlife Sanctuary, Cotigao Wildlife Sanctuary, Dr Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary
Recommended Hotels in Goa:
Use Coupon Code "STAYFAB", Get UPTO 60% Discount!