Hyderabad, also known as the City of Pearls, is among the most populous metropolitan cities in the country. Formerly ruled by the Nizams, the city is dotted with quaint architecture as well as top IT parks and commercial zones. Among the popular sightseeing places in the city are Charminar, Golconda Fort, Salar Jung Museum and Hussain Sagar Lake. The capital of Telangana is also home to Genome Valley and HITEC City owing to which the city is always flooded with local and international businesspersons.
How to get to Hyderabad by Flight, Train or Bus
Hyderabad enjoys easy connectivity with the neighbouring cities via all mediums. The city has its own international airport that hosts flights from all major destinations in the world. Besides the airport and railway network, roads in the city also provide quick connectivity with neighbouring cities like Bangalore, Mysore, Pune and Mumbai.
The details about how to reach Hyderabad are given below:
How to Reach Hyderabad by Air
Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, situated 26 km away from the city centre, serves both domestic and international flights from across the world. All major airlines including British Airways, Vistara, Etihad, Emirates, Qatar Airways, IndiGo and GoAir have regular flights to and from the city. Travellers can hire a prepaid cab for reaching their hotel in Hyderabad or find a public transport right outside the airport.
How to Reach Hyderabad by Rail
As mentioned earlier, the city has an integrated rail network that connects it with other destinations. Major railway stations in the city are Secunderabad (SC), Hyderabad (HYB) and Kachiguda (KCG) railways stations that act as the main gateway for travellers coming to Hyderabad via train.
Major train stations in Hyderabad: Secunderabad Junction (SC), Hyderabad Kacheguda (KCG), Hyderabad Deccan Nampally (HYB), Medchal (MED), Malkajgiri (MJF), Sanathnagar (SNF), Bolarum (BMO), Umdanagar (UR), Charlapalli (CHZ), Moula Ali (MLY), Budvel (BDVL), Falaknuma (FM), Malakpet (MXT), Gowdavalli (GWV), Cavalry Barracks (CVB), Hafizpet (HFZ), Dabirpura (DQR), Yakutpura (YKA), Arts College (ATC), Jamai Osmania (JOO), Alwal (ALW), Ammuguda (AMQ), Bolarum Bazar (BOZ), Dayanand Nagar (DYE), Lalaguda Gate (LGDH), Safilguda (SFX)
How to Reach Hyderabad by Road
One of the most preferred ways to visit Hyderabad is by road. The well-maintained roads and highways in Hyderabad offer quick connectivity to all the metropolitan cites. Government and private buses are readily available and Mahatma Gandhi Bus Station and Central Bus Station are among the major bus stands in the city. NH 44, NH 65, NH 163 and NH 765 are the arterial highways that connect Hyderabad with the rest of the country.
Interstate bus terminals and major bus stations of Hyderabad: Central Bus Station, Hyderbad Central Bus Station, Mahatma Gandhi bus station.
Distance Between Hyderabad and Major Indian Cities:
- Visakhapatnam to Hyderabad: 589 km (approximately 10 hours by road)
- Kochi to Hyderabad: 1111 km (approximately 18 hours by road)
- Goa to Hyderabad: 646 km (approximately 15 hours by road)
- Amritsar to Hyderabad: 2041 km (approximately 36 hours by road)
- Vadodara to Hyderabad: 1106 km (approximately 21 hours by road)
- Surat to Hyderabad: 976 km (approximately 18 hours by road)
- Patna to Hyderabad: 1483 km (approximately 31 hours by road)
- Bhopal to Hyderabad: 851 km (approximately 17 hours by road)
- Indore to Hyderabad: 861 km (approximately 19 hours by road)
- Kanpur to Hyderabad: 1243 km (approximately 24 hours by road)
- Ooty to Hyderabad: 847 km (approximately 15 hours by road)
- Mysore to Hyderabad: 718 km (approximately 12 hours by road)
- Munnar to Hyderabad: 1044 km (approximately 19 hours by road)
- Alleppey to Hyderabad: 1162 km (approximately 21 hours by road)
- Vellore to Hyderabad: 612 km (approximately 12 hours by road)
- Vijayawada to Hyderabad: 274 km (approximately 5 hours by road)
- Tirupati to Hyderabad: 556 km (approximately 10 hours by road)
- Coimbatore to Hyderabad: 931 km (approximately 13 hours by road)
- Mangalore to Hyderabad: 821 km (approximately 16 hours by road)
- Thiruvananthapuram to Hyderabad: 1299 km (approximately 23 hours by road)
- Madurai to Hyderabad: 1004 km (approximately 17 hours by road)
- Nagpur to Hyderabad: 501 km (approximately 7 hours by road)
- Aurangabad to Hyderabad: 536 km (approximately 11 hours by road)
- Bhubaneswar to Hyderabad: 1051 km (approximately 16 hours by road)
Top Attractions to Explore While Travelling to Hyderabad
Charminar, Golkonda Fort, Wonderla, Hatiyan Jhad Baobab Tree, Ramoji Film City, Nehru Zoological Park, Salar Jung Museum, Chowmahalla Palace, BM Birla Science Museum, Ohri’s Gufaa, Osman Sagar, KVR Botanical Garden, Hussain Sagar, Ferry Ride, Tank Bund, Durgam Cheruvu, Taramati Baradari, Stone Waters, Dialogue in the Dark, Choodi Bazaar, Moula Ali, Lumbini Park, Snow World, KBR National Park, Eat Street, Treasure Island, Hard Rock Café, Inorbit Mall.