You sure must have been hearing people around you going on and on about their visit to Surajkund Mela 2024 or making plans for the same. Wondering what’s so special about it which has left everyone so thrilled? Well, for those of you who aren’t aware, Surajkund International Crafts Mela is the largest crafts fair in the world unfolding the richness and diversity of regional and international handicrafts, handlooms and cultural fabric. Held in Faridabad during the first fortnight of February every year, this epic mela offers a mix of vibrant colours, rhythmic beats and a cheerful environment for visitors to enjoy.
37th Surajkund Mela 2024 will be organised from 2nd February (Friday) to 18th February (Sunday) in Surajkund, Faridabad. This is the 37th edition of the festival and will be inaugurated by the President of India, Draupadi Murmu. Check Here all about the Surajkund Craft Mela 2024 and know its dates, venue, timings, ticket price, theme, activities and how to reach it.
About Surajkund International Crafts Mela 2024
Surajkund Crafts Mela was organised for the first time in the year 1987 with the aim to preserve the languishing arts & crafts of India. In 2013, the fair was upgraded to an international level and in just a couple of years, it saw a record participation of 20 countries. The mela is organised every year by the Surajkund Mela Authority & Haryana Tourism in collaboration with the Union Ministries of Tourism, Textiles, Culture and External Affairs. Spread across a sprawling area of 40 acres, the mela ground is dotted with more than 1000 huts where Indian craftspersons and weavers work their magic.
Surajkund International Crafts Mela 2024: Quick Facts
|2-18 February 2024
|Surajkund, District Faridabad
|10:00 AM to 7:00 PM
|₹ 120 (Mon-Fri)
|₹ 180 (Sat-Sun)
Surajkund Mela 2024 Theme State
Surajkund Crafts Mela 2024 will be decorated with Gujarati culture, as the theme state for this edition will be Gujarat. The fair complex decorations and stalls will be based on the Gujarati culture. Gujarat had earlier become the theme state in the year 1997. In the last edition of the Surajkund Mela in 2023, eight states were made the theme states- Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Sikkim, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, and Tripura.
Surajkund International Crafts Mela 2024: How to Reach
Buses are easily available from ISBTs and Shivaji Stadium in Delhi as well as the neighbouring cities of Gurgaon and Faridabad to Surajkund Bus Stand. For convenience, tourist coaches or taxis can also be hired from Delhi to directly reach the venue. There is a limited parking facility within the ground.
- Distance from Delhi to Surajkund: 24 km
- Distance from Noida to Surajkund: 31 km
- Distance from Gurgaon to Surajkund: 36 km
Surajkund Mela 2024 is well connected by road, train, and air. You can reach the fair:
- By Train: New Delhi Railway Station (NDLS) is the nearest station. You can take a taxi or metro from there to reach the fair.
- By Air: Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi is the nearest airport to reach the fair. Buses, taxis, and metro are available from the airport.
- By Metro: Badarpur Station on the violet line of the Delhi Metro is the nearest station to the fair. You can take a taxi, bus or auto from the station to reach the fair.
- By Road: Surajkund Mela 2024 is well connected with all the National Highways via Delhi, Gurgaon, and Faridabad.
There are great hotels near the Surajkund Mela 2024 for a comfortable stay.
Main Attractions of Surajkund International Crafts Mela 2024
- Admire the skilled craftsmanship of artisans from across Himachal Pradesh
- Watch hundreds of artistes from the state performing different folk dances
- Enjoy an enthralling evening of cultural programmes at the main Chaupal
- Click pictures at the replicas of Bhima Kali Temple and Maheshwar Devta Temple
- Gorge on authentic delicacies from across the state and the rest of the world
- Indulge in adventure sports, joy rides and other exciting activities for fun
And of course… don’t forget to bring back the most amazing souvenirs and gifts for loved ones. For more details about the 34th Surajkund International Crafts Mela 2020, visit their official page.
Q. What is Surajkund Mela nearest metro station?
A. The nearest metro station to Surajkund Mela is Badarpur station.
Q. What is the ticket price of the Surajkund fair?
A. The Surajkund Mela 2024 ticket prices are ₹120 (Mon-Fri) and ₹180 (Sat-Sun).
Q. Which is the world’s largest craft fair?
A. Surajkund International Crafts Mela is the largest crafts fair in the world.
Q. What to buy at Surajkund Mela?
A. There are a variety of authentic traditional crafts, handicrafts and handlooms to purchase at the fair.
Q. Where to buy Surajkund Mela 2024 tickets?
A. You can buy the Surajkund Mela 2024 ticket online on major platforms and also at the venue.
Q. Who is the host of Surajkund Mela?
A. The Haryana government organise the Surajkund Mela every year.
Q. When is the Surajkund Mela 2024 last date?
A. The last date for Surajkund Mela 2024 is 18th February, Sunday.